Monday, August 24, 2009

Flashy Scrap and Flannel Fred


I'm not a girly-girl, really I'm not.

But this remnant spoke to me, it said 'why doesn't anybody love me? why am I just tossed into the remnant basket without any love? Am I too flashy? too girly? too neon-y?' I feel for this fabric and its esteem issues. Her name is Flashy Scrap.


Because of her issues, she needs a special purpose, so I've had her hidden away for close to a year, finding her perfect purpose. I had to find her a companion, a partner to help it through her abandonment issues. So I found a therapist for Flashy Scrap, his name is Flannel Fred. He's a supersoft purple flannel that will help comfort Flashy Scrap through the future.

Flashy Scrap and Flannel Fred have agreed to their purpose. They are to become what I hope to call a "Rock or Roll Pad," it can be used as a washable changing pad or a soft playmat, perfect in bassinet as well. Rock or roll in that I have plans to have hook/eye fasteners in two places, one for the folding OCD type (like myself) and another for the rebel rollers who like variety.

I hope it turns out as well as I hope, if not, then they agree to live civilly together at least.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hon! You and your craftastic stills is what prompted me to start this up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails