Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Namesake

I finally took advantage of the spam emails I often get and now have some business cards to include in packages and to provide friends who ask about the website and such.

And as I handed the card to a friend who heard about my blankets, she read "Stitch n' Giggles" and asked the oh important question of 'how did you come up with the name?' (insert cringe)

I don't hide the fact that I'm not a girly girl, nor am I a proper lady. I am the daughter of a Army man and lived on-post for my formative years. I say what's on my mind most of the time and just deal with the consequences as they come at me. Since the conversation was happening at work (what I spend the rest of my non-sewing time doing 7:30am-5pm) I explained to her that I took up sewing and making blankets for the 'hell of it...just for $hits and giggles?'


Do most people make the connection? Probably not.

But it gives you an idea of how I work, play, and live.

So the next time someone gives you grief or questions why you do something? You just relay the phrase.

*For the other mommies of the world who now edit and censor themselves? Feel free to now say 'for stitch and giggles' if you like, I won't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails