Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday Fieldtrip ~ June 4


I have to admit that I'm enjoying sharing all my finds!!

So I had a custom blanket that was due by months' end. It required an applique of a duck and a name in script. Let me explain this conundrum: I am new to applique AND I have horrible script. The script is easy enough to print out a template from online using a font of some sort, but to have to applique it put me back to the problem #1.
My timidness led me to discover all sorts of tutorials on stenciling with freezer paper(big grin here!!)

I read various ones, but have to admit that Jess from Running with Scissors made it simple enough for even me to think to try it sometime!
*Don't worry! I completed the custom blanket with a twist on the applique request, blog post coming soon!

*******

I MUST make this! I have one kid and his birthday is this July, this project is too adorable and can be used over and over! (for south TX though I ought to pack it away indoors, the heat will not be nice to balloons and their vibrant colors)
She gives the full tutorial at How Does She?

*****
This past week or two has been the last week of school for almost all elementary kids I know, my own kindergartner has now been promoted to the even cooler status of a First grader. In honor of the end of the year many parents (okay its 99% of the mother's but I'm trying to be PC) ended up giving their teachers at least a thank you card.
I have to admit that I cheated and stole this idea from The Simpler Life with her teacher appreciation poem. (I gave some homemade cookies made with M&Ms)

******
Now 'angry chicken' isn't a new place, most crafters know if it by heart.....so I don't want to be redundant about that blog.
BUT, I have to send you there for a treat this week! Maybe its just me and my carb-ilious tendencies, but I drooled with her post about Homemade BAGELS! Literally drooled onto the desk, had to scramble around for a napkin kinda drool.

*****

If you've found yourself linked into the fieldtrip, just grab our 'featured' button and spread the word :)

Have a great weekend!!


1 comment:

  1. OH MY GAWD!!! I am so making that for my daughter's first birthday!!! thanks for pointing this project out. I found you on new friend friday and am now following. I hope you can check me out at novicemommie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails